Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I was not alive in 1983, so I could very easily have no idea what I'm talking about. With that said, here is a picture of the 1983 Apple Lisa computer.



Now, has anybody seen the movie Weird Science? (Yes, another John Hughes movie, thank you very much.) If you haven't, it's about these two unpopular high school boys who decide to create "the perfect woman" using their computer and some science. (As you can probably tell, it's not exactly realistic, but it's a pretty good movie, none the less.) They name their virtual girl Lisa.

One the trivia web site I listed in my Breakfast Club post (http://www.riverblue.com/hughes/trivia1.html), it says that the character, Lisa, got her name because the script for the movie was written on an Apple Lisa computer (the movie itself came out in 1985, I believe). Interesting? Maybe not for you, but I thought so. I love old computers. It would be pretty cool to have one of those, in my opinion.

No comments: