Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Rabbit Eats His Trix!!

Hey, people. Thanks for taking the time to actually read my second blog! This one's about all things retro, and right now I'm basking in my triumph of finally posting this video.

Every little kid in America with a shred of compassion has sympathized with the Trix rabbit. He's been the mascot of a cereal for the past 4o something years, but he never really gets to eat it! His plans to eat the Trix cereal are always foiled by some selfish kids who snatch it out of his hands and rationalize with, "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids." He's eaten a few bites of the cereal, apparently on several occasions, but I have never seen it happen in my lifetime. I found one here for anyone wanting to see for themselves!

In 1976, General Mills launched a petition to see whether the rabbit should get to eat a whole bowl of Trix. They got a consensus of 99% in favor if the rabbit, and he got finally got a whole bowl! Yay! Take that, selfish kids! Someone should teach them to share...

No comments: